Thursday 6 July 2017

WK29 2016 with Melinda

Hey there ScrappingClearly friends, Melinda here with you today sharing my latest DT project!

Today I have a PL spread to share but before I do have this photo to share with you!


Can you guess what that is?! That is all I have left of my 6x6 paper pad from the Teresa Collins Something Wonderful range! Does it excite anyone else to get this far through a paper pad?!

Anyways, onto the details of our Week 29 for 2016.

Here is the front of the spread


And the back


As you can see I have used lots of the different patterned papers for my cards - I do love to use 6x6 pads for exactly that reason BUT I find myself with a stack of 2x6  strips that I am never sure what to do with! I totally lifted this idea from another very talented PL scrapper Angus K - so a big thank you for the idea!!

You can see here I have just stuck together 2 of the 2x6 strips of paper (using the "branding" strip as the joiner) together to create my 4x6 cards and I so super love this look!! And it's SUPER easy using a paper pad because all of the designs work together!

You will also notice, this is not the best photo, it is quiet blurry but the only photo I got of myself and my boys at the movies so I turned it black and white and the quality is good enough ;)


Here are a few more close ups!

I had enough of the full 6x6 papers left that I was able to also cut 3 4x6 cards from one paper which I think gives a nice balance.




All of those 3x4 cards, know what they are?! They are from the same collection but they are the Ephemera Tags! I have simply chopped them down to size and decorated and journalled on them the same way I would with another 3x4 card. AND using the tags this way means I have extra "ephemera" pieces which you can see in a couple of the close ups above!



I have also used some of the washi tape, enamel dots, decorative buttons, ephemera pieces, word stickers and chipboard elements from the same collection to do a little decorating (AND lots of those pieces are currently ON SALE in the shop right now!!). I added in a little stamping using these stamps from the Heidi Swapp Magnolia Jane collection and finished off with some machine stitching and thickers from my stash!

I hope you have enjoyed this post and that perhaps you now have a different way to use up those left over 6x6 pattern paper bits!!

Until next time, happy scrapping!

Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment