Thursday 27 July 2017

Hello Olaf with Melinda

Hi there my scrappy friends and fellow ScrappingClearly fans! It's Melinda here with you sharing some inspiration for the fun July sketch challenge! You still have a few days left to get your entries in so make sure you head over to the FB group here to upload your take!

Today I am using the beautiful Pink Paislee C'est La Vie collection to document the day we met and brought home our bunny Olaf!

Here is the sketch in case you have missed it



And here is my take on the sketch!
I really, really loved this months sketch, once again designed by Peg - it was super fun to work with!



I have stayed pretty true to the sketch though I moved what I read as the stitching around the whole page further out and changed up 1 photo for 3. You'll notice too that my title and journalling, though they take up the same space on the page as the sketch, are also changed up a bit!

I started with a quick coat of clear gesso all over the background paper (paper #10) and then grabbed my Metallic Mint gelato and mixed it with some water to make a watercolour paint for the background! I've also added in a couple of swipes of my Lime gelato. Doesn't it look great! It's hard to capture the sparkly finish on camera but, swoon!



I knew I wanted to line my photo's up across the page over the watercolour and had decided to fussy cut some flowers from Paper #8 to layer behind the photo's as well and LOVE how this looks!



I grabbed the ephemera pack for the big "hello" piece which I knew I was going to use for my title and also a gold edged label for the date. The black and white stripped alpha's are from my stash.



I wanted to bring that yellow up the page so grabbed that yellow washi strip from the washi pack and layered that behind my photo at the top. While I had the washi out I tore off a small piece to go under my title.

I have used some of the cork hearts and black tiny vellum word stickers to finish my page off.





Oh, I have also used some scraps from Paper #3 & Paper #2 for layers behind my photo's.

My process video is linked below if you would like to see my page come together


And that is that!! So, thank you for stopping by, I hope I have inspired you to pull out some goodies and play along with the July challenges in the last few days of the month!

Until next time, happy scrapping!!



Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment