Tuesday 18 July 2017

Planning In My Happy Planner - With Karyn Schultz!

Hi Scrapping Clearly Lovelies!!! 

It's Karyn here and today I want to share my new MAMBI Happy Planner with you! 

Planners have been the in-thing in the papercrafting industry for some time - but my love affair with planners is just starting. I've always had a working diary filled with lists and my daily activities but I've never tried the full-on embellishment of them. Part of the reason is that there was never enough space on the pages, and also as it was a working diary it was never neat. 

When I saw the fabulous MAMBI Happy Planner, Classic, The Best is Yet to Come in the  Scrapping Clearly Store I thought I would give it a go. I had heard a lot about these planners and loved the vertical weekly layout. This planner is also an 18 month planner that started in July - perfect!! I decided to use the fun and bright Fancy Pants Designs "Joy Parade" collection and Kelly Purkey stamps to embellish the pages.
I love that many of the titles on the pages appear to be a silver colour but when viewed from different angles a rainbow of colours appears!  
The first pages for each month include a section to record monthly goals, important dates, and a "currently' list - I love these prompts!!
Then there is a 2 page calendar for the month. I've decided to include a photo from each day here. I printed each photo at 3.7cm wide x 3.2cm tall.  
Next is the fun planner pages!! I printed a sheet of photos to use. I organise and resize my photos in MS Word then print out on an A4 sheet of paper using an EPSON XP-600 and Ilford photo paper. Each photo used on the weekly spread is 3.7cm wide x 6cm tall. 

I start my pages by writing daily activities on one of the 3 squares for the day. I then add photos, then decorative papers. I had some painty papers leftover from testing the amazing Distress Oxides, so I added some offcuts of them to the pages as well.
Next I add some patterned paper (from the Joy Parade 6x6 paper pad), Ephemera and puffy stickers. Lastly I added some stamps - these Kelly Purkey ones are so cute!! 
Here is my first completed weekly spread (26 June - 2 July).  
Here are some close-ups. I've tried to keep my pages as flat as possible. Puffy stickers are as bulky as I will go.  
 

Scrapping Clearly products I've used include 

MAMBI Happy Planner, Classic, The Best is Yet to Come  
Fancy Pants Designs "Joy Parade" collection (12x12 papers, 6x6 paper pad, epherema, puffy stickers) 
Hero Arts, Kelly Purkey wood mounted stamps - Planner Icons 
Ranger Archival ink pad, black
Cardstock  
Distress Oxides ink pads 

Thanks so much for stopping by
Crafty Hugs xx

Karyn

No comments:

Post a Comment