Friday 28 July 2017

I am Addicted to Collage Art

Morning Bloggers ,
Lisa here with a Friday mixed media update  ,
At this point in my creative journey , I am currently Addicted to Collage Art
Have you tried it ? If you haven't , definitely give it a whirl.
My journals are filling with fun cut and paste , paint and detail pieces
 And I am loving it.
Simple , Easy , Entertaining and Unique
You have all the tools ,in your stash ,to produce something quirky and interesting, Right Now .
  So basically , If you haven't collaged before , there is no set rules about how to apply your pieces, 
1 . you could start with a background already worked upon , 
2. just stick a focal point down and work around the image,adding and dragging the out laying elements into the focal point . I have used that technique , by adding a little background paint to come across onto the focal point of the page , thus linking the 2 elements .
Small unexpected extras add such fun and quirkiness to the piece. ^^^^^^^^^^^
 My main stash supplies for Collage Art
A fab Art Journal .. in my stash I have a few Dylusions Journals and Dina Journals- I have a few because of my impatient and I don't want to heat tool everything I work on ,
 and sometimes I maybe playing with 2 collages at a time 
Paint - Lots of lovely colourful acrylic paint, In my stash I have  Dina , Dylusions , Cermacoat, Liquitex , Matisse, Pebeo and a few Golden . Atm I am having a little love affair with the new Prima , Art Alchemy Impasto Paints for there lush , rich vibrancy and texture.
Matt Meduim , I use Liquitex or Golden.. I want a Matt Finish... no Gloss. There are a few on the market that have a glossy finish.. best to avoid them . This is my glueing agent.
A superior journal pen . I use the Fude Ball for journaling , it flows like magic , Then its Posca, and Liquitex paint markers... Kylie stocks all of these rad products .
Stickers , paper , off cuts, tissue paper, serviettes , rub ons ,book pages ,whatever is scrap on your table, or in your supplies .. to add extra interest into your background.
Magazines , Picture Books , to find interesting focal points and titles . I visited my local St Vinnies which had bugger all and was over priced , and then headed to the Salvos , where I found an Atlas , this $2 Murder Chronicle ,that Peg went hard on and raided for quirky stories and titles , A Dame Edna book , a medical biology text book, An Interesting photo book on Cinema Greats etc ..
 Lots of interesting stuff to use in my pages. 
You may not  even need to hit the shops , just raid your own Library. 
I do intend to write a story into the pages below,the reasons why one should avoid the Blue beetle.
Just to fill this one out and add a crazy story to tie the whole page together .
 "Uptown girl takes a walk "
still needs a little detail and journaling , but you get the idea .
  Thanks for dropping by , 
I will be back next week with a SC mixed media update.
Have a super creative weekend..
Lisa 
xx

5 comments:

  1. Love it Lisa!! I am trying my hand at art journalling and all things messy so this has given me some good ideas. Thanks heaps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the collage too, mine are a little darker than yours ;-)
    And I'm packing all those gleaned scraps for Melbourne.
    We can collage together for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete