Saturday 13 January 2024

ATC week 2 - Nature's Bounty

 Hi all, Welcome to Saturday....

This week I am going to share another one of my ATC for the 52 ATC prompts. 

But first, I thought I would run through what is an ATC - Artist Trading Card. ATC started as a conceptual art project that was initiated by Swiss artist M. Vanci Stirnemann in 1997 - called a Collaborative Cultural Performance. ATCs are 2.5 x 3.5 inches in size and are self-made unique works of art or small series. Typically, these were signed and dated by the artist and then traded/exchanged and collected by people who wanted to participate. BUT.. for Scrapping Clearly 2024, it is more a small-scale jump start to creativity where there will be 52 prompts shared to get the mojo started. 

So, in saying that, let's start off with the next prompt: Nature's Bounty - depict a natural element (e.g., flower, tree, animal). Here is my take: Souvenier

I totally forgot to take process photos. I started off with some Distress Oxide - Lucky Clover that I smooshed onto the ATC. After it had dried, I then added some Liquitex Modeling Paste through an old Kinder Kreations stencil. I love how you can still see the oxide ink through the dried paste. 
I then added the frame which was cut in half from a 49 & Market - Plum Grove Ephemera Bits pack.
If you know me, you'll know that I add butterflies, moths, or even just their wings to a lot of my projects. So since this prompt was all about nature and animals, I transferred a Dress my Craft - transfer me - Vintage Butterfly to the project and it cracked and filled the lumps and bumps. Now some people might not like that but I love how it came out. I then stitched the edges (one of my ATC rules that I set myself) and added a very very very old Tim Holtz (I think) sticker word and .... done. 
a little close up

and here it is sitting in my book/album that I shared on the previous blog post. 
Next week I will be back to share my take on the January Palette Play.
and here is a little sneak at my take.. 

I'll share that next week.
So, until then.
Live with Respect.



Leanne xo







No comments:

Post a Comment