Wednesday 24 July 2019

Image transfer

Hi everyone

I decided to try something new (for me) with this and did an image transfer.


I started by printing out my photo using a laser printer.  
 (I originally tried a black and white photo but that didn't work.   Not sure why, maybe user error!)   

I then coated both my cardstock and the front of my photo with matte medium using a silicon brush and placed the printout face down on my card stock.   I used an old credit card to squeeze out all the wrinkles trying not to get any medium on the top.   

When dry (well, almost) I spritzed the back of my printout with water and gently tried to rub off the paper.   All I can say is that I should not have been so impatient and waited until it was well & truly dry.   I lost a fair portion of my imagine as it wasn't completely dry.   Lesson learned.


I then dry brushed on some gesso and added some background stencilling.   I used a Donna Downey stencil but any would do.   I then glued down some chipboard pieces I had in my stash.


I added colour with an assortment of Dina Wakley paints and some Distress sprays.   I mixed a little Lime paint with some Faber Castle whipped spackle for dimension an scrapped that roughly through a stencil.
I added some words and highlighted them using a Stabilo aquarellable pencil.

I then finished of with some Viva Décor Inka Gold in platinum and copper which I watered down a little and painted on with  brush.

I'll definitely be trying this technique again.   Why not give it a go too?



No comments:

Post a Comment