Monday 22 July 2019

3D layout


Morning Peeps,

It is no secret I love lumpy bumpy style layouts.
So when Finnabair released her new moulds I was super keen to play.




I started off the background using some old book paper glued on with gel medium. When dry I spread a layer of 3D gel over the whole background then used the palette knife to give it little peaks. By lifting the flat of the knife up and down all over the surface. Let dry.
I took some liquid acrylic ink and dropped onto the background, sprayed with water and moved the colours around. Let dry.

Take your moulds and some paper clay and form your pieces. Let dry for a couple of days before use. I have a day when I just make up a lot of pieces and I store them in a container for later use. Just so I don't have to wait on the day I feel creative.

I used a crochet doily from an op shop and a frame I have had forever. Assorted flowers from my stash.

Final touch was to dry brush some metallic wax over the texture in the background to bring it out more. I used achival black ink for a heavy black boarder around the piece.

Thanks for looking
Tracey




No comments:

Post a Comment