Monday 15 July 2019

Art Journaling therapy

Morning Peeps,

I have just spent an awesome weekend with Birgit Koopsen learning new techniques.
I can't wait to play and experiment with them.

But today I have a couple of pages I had done at a recent girls weekend away.


I have used an Art by Marlene collage paper for the face, which I cut in half and used matt medium to glue to my journal.

I used Dina Wakely scribbles sticks for the background. I also used some scrap white cardstock and the Art by Marlene washi tape.
Lay your strips of washi onto the card stock, then cut out what ever shapes you want to use on your layout. In this case I used different size circles. Hearts work well too.
Add a little pen work with a big black sharpie and a black posca pen. Finish with a few stamps using archival black ink.
The journal I have worked in is the Dina Wakely mixed media journal, I love all the different textured paper.


This page was inspired by a video I watched on facebook and thought "That's a great idea" but of cause I didn't note the crafters name.

So you take your small distress inks pads and stamp the pad directly onto your page around your corners and edges. Then take some white acrylic paint and in this case turquoise acrylic paint and with a large flat brush paint all over your page. You can see the distress inks react with the paint and soften.
I then gathered a few elements from my stash, acetate prints, stamps, rub ons a butterfly I had done in a previous class and stuck them down. I finished off with black archival ink around the edges.

Thanks for looking.
Happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment