Tuesday 16 October 2018

Hi everyone, this is my first post on the blog for Scrapping Clearly and I am a little chuffed to be here  & sharing what I hope is a little fun, laughter and inspiration to get you slapping some paint and products onto a scrappy layout and create your own little masterpiece of love.

As you would have read from my bio, I love a good challenge & another thing is that I leave everything to the last minute as I like to think I create better under pressure. This months moodboard is the perfect challenge to get my mojo going and I am loving the zesty green. 


I have thrown a few awesome products into a box whilst running through the craft room on the weekend. I am going to call this my 'whats in the box ' post. It's the fly by the seat of my pants and grab what I can to create a little awesomeness... 


I bet you are wondering 'What's  in the box ', lets take a look.... 

Vicki Boutin Watermelon Burst  – it’s a lush green paint… I love its thickness & coverage 
woven hat mesh in a neutral shade
plus a cute pic of my son.... 

So here goes the process for my layout Wild @ Heart


Lately I have been creating my own backgrounds. This one was created using white cardstock some Vicki Boutin paint in the fabulous shade of Watermelon burst.  I have brayered on the paint and then plonked on a stencil and rubbed off paint with a damp cloth. Ooooh la la one background ready to go!


Next was to ink up the stars on the texture plate and place them on the page. I stamped them in three places in the zone of the photo. The next stamp was also added in three places and working on the outer edges of where the photo will be placed. 


Time to choose the ephemera. I had some woven mesh that I used to back the photo…I have also chosen a frame & various ephemera from the Cocoa Vanilla Endless Summer pack.  Now it is time to put it all together. 


The frame was stapled to my photo and I have glued down the photo corners. I have also added foam tape to two of the corners of my photo and double side taped to the remainder. Time for a quick fiddle around with the embellishments and title before setting everything in place with glue. I love leaving the timber embellishments natural as they tie in well with the skin tones in this photo, they were chosen from the Wild at heart wood veneer pack. A sticker quote was chosen from the Made of Awesome stickers and a few enamel dots later and the layout is all done.

 Wild @ Heart 

Don't forget we are only half way through the month so you have plenty of time to get your entry uploaded to the October Moodboard Album & I cannot wait to be inspired by your creation.

have fun creating 
Tracey










3 comments:

  1. Love this Tracey thank you for sharing an linking ithe products that you use to the shop makes shopping easier.. ๐Ÿ’š

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jason ...have a fun week of creating ๐Ÿ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love this layout !! So much fun !
    So happy to have you on our amazing Team xxx

    ReplyDelete