Saturday 13 October 2018

Inspired by the Mood Board Part 2 - with DT Katie Howard

Hello there! I am back here today with the second installment of my how to take inspiration from mood boards, with a focus on our monthly mood board.

No automatic alt text available.
My previous page took inspiration from some of the greens and the circles from the top image on the board. Today, my inspiration is taken in part from the bottom right picture, the squares, and also from all of the greens through the images, but I also decided to include some browns as seen in the two of the bottom pictures, for some contrast.

Before I got started I decided to create my own patterned paper using my gel press, paint and stencils. Here is an assortment of the prints that I finished with, some on light card and some on deli paper.


I chose a mixture of patterns and colours from the prints on the light card and cut 3 in x 3 in squares to form the background of my page. On some of these squares I stamped using some Ground Espresso distress oxide ink and background texture type stamps to add some interest and to break up the green a bit more.


As well as stamping I used some paint pens to outline some of the shapes on the prints. I layered my photos on some brown cardstock with some of the deli paper prints and then layered this on some plain deli paper to help it stand out more from the background. I also used my tab punch to create some tabs to tuck into the layers of my photo mat, and to make sure these stood out I used a white paint pen to outline them.


Can you see the square where I added some printed deli paper over the top of the pattern? The deli paper is like tissue paper and is transparent when glued down so you can see the pattern below as well as what is printed on top. I picked up some generic branded grease proof paper from the supermarket and it works really well for this.


I used some Tim Holtz Idea-ology stickers as my journaling, consider this my "cheat" when I want to add something but don't necessarily have a big or interesting story to tell!


For my title I used some charcoal thickers as they were neutral on a bright and busy page, but to make them stand out a little more I outlined the word using a green paint pen from the first Dylusions paint pen set. The blue paint pen came from set number two, these are awesome paint pens too! 

So, there we go, same mood board, similar colours but a completely different page. I hope you tune in for my final creation inspired by the mood board later this month!

Thanks for stopping by,

Katie x



No comments:

Post a Comment