Tuesday 30 October 2018

Beauty & Grace


Welcome to another fun fuelled week of creating. I hope you have your quota up as we are up to Tuesday and that means 'two for tuesday'. I got two layouts finished today but one is for another site so unfortunately I can't share just yet. One of the biggest things I find daunting when I start a layout is the planning - I seriously do not know what method I want to use and what embellishments to add to that. I usually have a photo in mind that I will use & I need to find the rest or I have set papers and ideas and need to find that 'just right' photo. To tell the truth this layout was started three times… I just could not get the watercolors to blend how I wanted them to, so welcome to take 3 of my layout.


So this is how this little beauty came together…

I used Avery Elle Liquid Watercolors in Sapphire and Aquamarine – I sprayed my page with water and then added a few drops of the Watercolors. I then sprayed them again to disperse them on my page.  The next thing I dug out of my stash was some Tim Holtz Idea-ology Melange Tissue Wrap. I selected a small portion of the music and cut out two of the smaller moths. These were glued on with a small dot of glue.


I found a few background stamps in my stash that would compliment my layout… and used them under where the photo was going and then the lighter one (dots) was used above and below the photo placement. I then took some of the black hat net – it is called Sinamay – and stapled it to the page. So that is it for most of the layers.



So now it is time for the photo  - I chose a photo of my daughter at the beach whilst we were on holidays. We were going for a walk, she loves to be my muse when my camera comes out. I am blessed. I have used my Artline Supreme pen in black to frame the photo and also to color in my title. I have then backed the photo with foam tape and placed it on my layout.

I created the title in my Silhouette but cut it in white… the marker was an easy fix to get the right colour. Kylie has these in a few colours in the shop … I also have silver and a gold and they are divine. The coverage is also amazing & they write on photos…they are a win win in your stash of arty supplies.


*note to self - clean your Heidi Swapp mat


After sticking the title in place with a little glue I accidentally was moving some bling on my table and a heap fell out on the layout – I decided that it could stay … I worked across the page from one corner of the photo to the other and a few little droplets here and there.


Last thing to do was visit the sewing machine to add a nice slim border of stitching… 


I could have kept adding embellishments to take it to the next level, like metals and flowers but opted to leave it for its simplistic nature which was portrayed in the photo. 

Thanks for popping over to check out my layout. I hope it has given you some quick and easy tips to try using this simplistic style for your own creations. Have a fabulous week of creating. 

Tracey

 xx






1 comment: