Monday 1 October 2018

Transparent Layers with Tracey Henly

Hi Everyone,
I thought I better have another play at the techniques Dina Wakely taught me in her transparent layers class.
I find if I don't go and do a few practices I forget what I was told.

I also wanted to practice the transfer technique with magazine images as I find I am a bit hit and miss with that.


I photocopied two images, from the back of a larger image I will be using later, onto A4 copy paper. 
I chose three pages in the Dina Wakely media journal that started with a canvas and then had 2 water colour papers.
I drew the shape of the 2 transfer images I was going to use on the centre page and cut out the shapes to make a window feature.
I them took the mat gel medium and covered the front of the image and added some to the page where the image was to sit. Put the image face down and let dry.
Take a wet one and start to dampen the back off the image, you will be able to start removing the paper. Keep going until you have revealed the image underneath. Do not be too heavy handed as you will lift off your image. Some distressing is fabulous for the finished page.

I then randomly applied some white gesso to my 4 pages, do not do complete cover. Let dry.

Spritz with water and add your chosen acrylic paints to the background do not go for full coverage.
I have used elephant, tangerine and lemon Dina Wakely acrylics.


I have chosen a few of my favourite KinderKreations stencils and added some pattern to the background with Night colour Dina Wakely paint and the diamond stencil.
Turquoise paint with the star stencil


I also mat gelled on some tissue paper for another transparent layer.
Some stamped images from Dina wakely stamps.
Text stickers from 7 dot studio.

These are the finished pages....


Needed a lift so I added some ruby paint through the circle stencil and some pen work in black and white paint pens.


I used some black archival ink and KinderKreation foam stamp cog to finish it off.

Thanks for looking and
happy crafting.
Tracey.

No comments:

Post a Comment