Friday 2 February 2018

Quick Arty Gifts for Those You Love

Bonjour Bloggers, Lisa here with a Friday mixed media update.
Today I am sharing with you a couple of note books
that I have thrown together as a gift for 2 very special young ladies. 
At present we have a guest with us who we haven't seen for 20 years.
Thank goodness the internet and telephones have kept us connected.


I wanted to create something for his girls that was a little arty,
 but a physical item that could be a part of their everyday, 
and to hopefully instill a love of arty life journaling as well.


Starting, I purchased a note book from Kmart, and gave it a coat of Gesso.
Then added a few strips of gelli plate tissue paper from my random paper stash.
A little Dylusions and  DWM paint and applying stencil imaging and script stamping.
A few random dashes in black posca and then it's ready for another layer of goodness.


 I stamped a Peace sign using black Stazon ink and added the bold black paint to add drama.
 A floral paper cut out from a Heidi Swapp Die Cut paper pack,
introduced a softness and extra focal element. 


 Then it's all about this cool flower power photo of the girls.
 I used Matte Medium to adhere it to the cover,
then a little more DWM paint to tie the elements together.
A name/title in AC thickers, strips of beautiful blue flocked pattern paper, 
and some sweet flowers (a gift from our guest, he so knows me).


To finish I will coat the whole piece in Vicki Bouton gel medium
to give overall support to the piece and elements used.


I applied the same formula to this one.


But for this one,
 I cut the star out of the photo and 
placed her into the celestial universe.


 These cool Kinder Kreations chipboard stars added 
a supporting element to the cover of Juliette's journal. 
I felt like she got a little lost on the cover so I painted a gorgeous Kinder Kreations frame in 
I then coloured in around our focal point using a pink Posca.
Enamel dots, a charms creations felt star, and a few details finished this piece.


Now I'm off to the Australian Reptile Park to snap
 some interactive kangaroo photos with our wonderful Belgian guest.
I'll be back next Friday with a new mixed media update.
Have a creative crafty weekend.

Lisa xx


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow love that flashback photo of you and Paul. These journals are just gorgeous Lisa. You are such a clever chick.

    ReplyDelete