Tuesday 6 February 2018

Crazy Bunch..Scrapbooking Background Techniques

Hello, Leonie with you today on the Scrapping Clearly blog. 

I'm using the Fancy Pants Designs Golden Days collection.
You can see some of my previous projects using this range HERE and HERE.  Today I will also show you how I used 
Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylic Paint to create the background on my page.

I wasn't sure where I was headed with this page so I began by playing around with a couple of different techniques on several pieces of Marshmallow card-stock and then, when I had a better idea of what I wanted on the background, I ended up combining a couple of different techniques to create this background.

The first layer I added was with some watered down Dina Wakley Acyrlic Paints.  I squeezed a small amount of paint onto a craft mat and sprayed with water until I had a thin fluid consistency. Then I used the ever faithful 'plastic bag stamping' technique to stamp the fluid colour onto my cardstock. I know I probably use this method too much, but it always works so well to create lovely water colour splats and splashes, so I figure when you're onto a good thing why mess with it?


I repeated this process with three different colours in the Dina Acyrlic Paint range until I was happy with how the page was looking. I chose colours that I knew would match the Golden Days papers. I especially like the metallic sheen the 'Penny' colour gave to the page. 


I knew I wanted to add a contrasting colour for the next layer so I decided to draw some circles with the fine tip applicator of the 1oz bottles of paint.
There are some pictures below showing this on a 'practice page', I wasn't quite brave enough to add it straight to my background without trying it out a few times first!




Then it was time to pull out all the lovely Fancy Pants papers and layer them behind my collection of photo's (yes as you can see we went a little crazy taking selfies at this family birthday event).
 I'm really enjoying the large Printed Alphas  in this collection. I've created 3 titled pages with them so far and haven't got to that stage where I'm running out of any letters.  


The Fancy Pants ephemera pack has a large selection of die cuts, both paper and clear acrylic; tags and words.  I also added a flair button from the Fancy Pants collection.


That's it from me today. I hope you've been inspired in some small way.
Happy Crafting,
Leonie Neal-Dawson.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love the technique with the paint and circles Leonie. Now I need that Dina paint.

    ReplyDelete