Friday 9 February 2018

Love Grows Here- A Simple Step by Step

Howdy bloggers, Lisa here with a quick Friday mixed media update.

This weekend I am lucky to be creating here in the Hunter Valley
with some happy, creative, like minded folk.
Today I am sharing with you a layout I threw together this evening,
 because I had a simple malfunction with my journal page, and that is another story.


I have these beautiful photos of my youngest daughter with her BF.
Which I just adore, and although I don't scrapbook much anymore, 
I really couldn't wait to put this onto a page


To paint the backgrounds I started with a green paint and a Donna Downey stencil then, using a wet wipe,
I worked the image into the paint by removing excess.
Next I reapplied the stencil off center and added 2 extra colours, using DWM acrylic paint,
 to bring out the stencil image and to add depth to the page.


 I created 2 different coloured backgrounds to have another option. I chose the green.


I added a piece of pattern paper (similar to this one) which I tore to fit across the page,
then I drew flourishes using a Fude Ball black pen. I also attached muslin using a long armed stapler.
I topped the elements with a Kinder Kreations valentines day frame and the wood veneer
LOVE GROWS HERE title


Lastly I added a strip or 2 of washi tape, a piece of Hambly transparency,
and a few flairs to support the circles within the Hambly image.
Simple journaling finishes this cute layout of my sweet girl.


Thanks so much for dropping by the blog, 
I'll be back next week with a new mixed media update.

Have a super creative weekend and a 
wonderful Valentines Day with your Loves.

Lisa xx



2 comments:

  1. Aw, they are so adorable, I love this page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this Lisa!! the backgrounds are fabulous! I love how you have used the same stencil with different colour paints - very effective!

    ReplyDelete