Tuesday 20 February 2018

Hello Hipster Bar with Melinda Sweetman

Howdy scrappers!
Melinda here with you today on the Scrapping Clearly blog.
I am sharing my take on the sketch for February and after a bit of a rough start - stress has kinda made my mojo harder to find - and picking photos, off I went!

Here again is this months sketch


And my interpretation


This layout came together reasonably quickly for me and I even contemplated the idea of no mixed media but the messy 3-year-old in me won out!!

There is also a process video which you can watch over on the SC channel here.


I started with Paper #07 from the Pink Paislee C'est La Vie collection (yes, still hanging onto some of this gorgeous collection ;) ) and added a torn strip of Paper #03 to the middle-ish of the page.


I built my title knowing I wanted to use one of the gorgeous "Jumbo Words" by Heidi Swapp for the Minc but not sure which one. After picking my photos I came up with "Hello Hipster Bar" and my word was chosen! I went on the hunt for some smaller alphas and found the Something Wonderful Alpha & Label Sticker Sheet by Teresa Collins which helped me pick my foil colours!

I went with the holographic foil for the title and one of the sheets from the Minc 6x6 paper pack, and then chose mint foil for another of the 6x6 papers from the same 6x6 pack which I layered behind my 2 photos.


This is where my inner messy 3-year-old came out!! I started with some black texture stamps and then I've used Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Spray in Envy with the packaging technique and also the Colour Shimmer Pot in Envy to add splatters. While that dried I Minc'd my pieces and then went back to the background.


I've added some extra texture using some Glass Bead Glitter Gel and a text stencil. This is so pretty - I really love the added texture!! Tip - if you have this (any kind!) in your stash USE it!! Mine is at the point where I really ought to throw it out - it is almost completely set in the tub - but I am going to experiment with hot water before I give up!

Time to stick everything down!!


I ended up using some fussy cut flowers from the Pink Paislee C'est La Vie collection Paper #08 and also fussy cut some butterflies from the gorgeous "Flutter" paper in the Maggie Holmes Bloom range.

A few gold sequins from Studio Calico, my journalling, and a date stamp, and I was done!

I hope I have inspired you to play along with this months sketch, remember there is a $30 store voucher up for grabs for one lucky participant! Load up your entries here in our Facebook group!

Until next time, happy scrapping!


Melinda
x

No comments:

Post a Comment