Tuesday 27 February 2018

Black & White Plus One Makes a Striking Colour Scheme


Hello Scrapping Clearly peeps, Leonie with you today.
I'm feeling my age today, as I had my eyes tested and paid for my first pair of multifocals.
Great way to spend my day off! Not sure I'll be able to get used to wearing them
and certainly not feeling like a spring chicken. How did this creep up on me?

I have a Black and White plus Yellow scrapbooking page to share with you today.
I love scrapping with black and white papers, it means you are free to add whatever colour you fancy and
it will always match. I chose Yellow mainly because I had a gorgeous Yellow Hambly Screen Print I wanted to use
but I also find it such a happy colour and it suited the tones in my photos. 


Primarily I used THIS paper from the Maggie Holmes Gather collection.
I also used these other black and white papers from Crate Paper Chasing Dreams Collection
In my last pack of goodies from the Scrapping Clearly shop I received THIS pack of Vicki Boutin Acrylic Paints. I was quite impressed with them, the size is good -40ml bottles- so not too large and they have a flip top lid which I like, makes it easy to use and less wastage. 

It was easy to water them down a little on my craft mat and then roughly paint
some of the flowers and foliage on the patterned paper.  




I added a border of machine stitching around the papers for texture and to add interest to my page. I tied in the cotton thread of the border with my photos by adding some messy cotton thread underneath the photos.  


The Silliness Acetate word from the Heidi Swapp line in the store captured the essence of my photos and made a great title, along with the Teresa Collins Summer Stories Border Strip. For extra interest and detail on my page I added some Tim Holtz Rub-ons around the edge of my page.


Here's a close up of that Hambly Screen Prints overlay I mentioned earlier.  I cut out one of the frames from the 12x12 sheet and attached it to my photo with some glossy accents
A little sprinkling of sequins completed my page.


And that's a wrap from me for this month as I await delivery of my specs!
Oh No!

Thanks so much for stopping by, Happy Crafting,

Leonie Neal-Dawson


1 comment:

  1. Leonie gorgeous layout very cool what you have have created with this black and white paper 💛

    ReplyDelete