Thursday 21 December 2017

Practicing Art Journaling with Emma.

Hi everyone. 
Today I’m sharing another page in my art journal.
I get so nervous creating in my journal and I really need to just 'let me be me' in it.
I tend to compare my work to everyone else’s, this includes all my creations not just the journal.
But we are all unique, we like different things, we see different perspectives, and we create differently
and that’s what makes our art so awesome! 
So I pulled out my stamps and inks (because these are my fave items at the moment) and just went for it. 


It’s not at all perfect, but I had fun creating it. 
I wanted it to reflect positivity as I’m lacking that about myself at the moment. 
So I started with my main stamp, my girl, she is so gorgeous (one of the Prima Bloom girls).
I really haven’t water painted much before and thought I’d also try a ‘Style’ of this medium
using my Distress Oxide inks
So after stamping around my page with a few flowers and quotes (using a permanent inkpad so as not to run),
I chose my ink colours - Cracked Pistachio, Wild Honey, Abandoned Coral, Iced Spruce, and Antique Linen


Using the ‘feminine’ colours, I started painting the flowers with a water brush pen.
Darkening and lightening where I needed. 
Once this process was complete, I dried it and then quickly spritzed it with gold Colour Shine
and again heat dried it quickly before the Oxide inks reactivated. 


Then I grabbed a couple of stencils and used the Oxide inks with a dauber and rubbed the ink through
in a random fashion. I loved doing this, it reminded me of art class 😜 


I love the way the gold sat on top of everything. In the photos you can’t quite tell how much shimmer it has,
but it really shines on the black lines of the stamps. 


I finished with a few flicks of Liquitex black ink and stepped back and felt happy with the play I had.
I really want to enjoy creative time instead of overthinking it. 
I hope this can encourage you to try something that you might overthink?? 

Have a great holiday break and I’ll catch you all in the new year. 
Till then, Em xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment