Tuesday 27 December 2016

Sweet Smiles...

Phew... Christmas is over and I'm well and truly over ham, dips and pannacotta... I hope your day was filled with family and love and you got some well deserved down time.... this week between Boxing day and New Years is always like a black hole to me... you never really know what day it is, and you don't really get anything done... I'm fortunate to have some time off and have used it to get into my studio and play with my art supplies... 


By now you are probably in Christmas overdose with layouts, December Daily, cards and more cards... so I'm breaking up with the festive season already and giving you a sweet girly page to inspire you. 



Ive used the Simple Stories 'So Fancy" and Amy Tangerine 'Stitched' patterned papers with the My Minds Eye 'On trend 2' chipboard elements to create this layout. 

I've inked around the edges with some Stazon Ink in Jet Black and my Mini Ink Blending Tool to give it a moody, grungy feel and to tie in with the black and white photo. Im a self confessed wonky photo taker, but the irregular angles of the photo help to draw your eye to each embellishment cluster. 

I've added in some Dear Lizzy accents and phrase stickers, as well as some splatters of gold in Heidi Swapp Colour Shine and some gold Nuvo Crystal Drops. Add to it a machine stitched boarder and you have one grungy, girly layout... 


I hope you have a safe New Year and I'm looking forward to joining the ladies at Scrapping Clearly for another fabulous year designing and sharing my art with you..

Peace and Love... 

Skai











No comments:

Post a Comment