Friday 30 December 2016

Going out with a Bang

Salutations Bloggers , Lisa here with a super late Friday mixed media update,
and sharing with you my last layout for this year 2016 .
Late,because the damn mobile blogger app sucks and wouldn't let me post from my phone,and being in the middle of the city,well I was stuck.
But I am home with a new rebuilt computer to play with(thanks Tom) 
and a wifi connection that actually works (thanks Warren)wooohoo. Stoked for me.
--------------------------------------------------------
This layout here celebrates friendship despite distances.
Over the last few years I have been blessed to be able to teach all around the place,
 meet the coolest of creatives and enjoy sharing my passion of arty goodness with them.
Last Month I tripped down to Melbourne and lucky for me the half way point is Gundagai.
More importantly it is where the Scrapping Clearly Shop is situated and 
where Kylies' beautiful smiling face is there to greet you.
These photos ,taken at breakfast ,are lovingly showcased with glorious SC product.
Here is basically how I put this one together and what I have used .
The start of this layout was a nothing page . I was spraying another page with a stencil and this was the "flip it to use it up " left overs page , that  spritzed the Marshmellow cardstock with water and added a little extra colour to it using Dylusions ink sprays .When the paper was dry, using a stazon black ink pad I stamped a little script stamp,then I dripped a little black and white house paint over the page,Drying again.
And OUT COMES THIS BABY BELOW
Perfect for individualizing you pages with unique journalling.
It was of course on my wish list , but here it is in front of me to play with and use at my leisure.
Big Love to Her .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oh Journalling. some struggle , some avoid it completely.
Its essential to each layout, as important as a photo. it can be simple or elaborately detailed.
but its essential ...right Peg.
So I put together some simple words about my feelings for her. and type set my thoughts..
quite therapeutic actually, with each key stroke. 

 Using a little Teresa Collins Pattern Paper...yep you read that right... pattern paper made it onto my page..because,well, look at it.It is a classic print(an essential if i use PP) and it sparkles silver.Personally I love silver and have always had an anti gold thing happening. some Music sheet tissue paper,muslin and a few embellies this baby came together easily.
Let Me wish you all Blessings a wonderful New Year ahead,
 2017 a 1 year people, lets start it fresh. So clear out the old ,stuff you don't need and
 bring forth new creative energy to get the next cycle happening.
Thanks also to the loyal blog hoppers who drop by and massive Love to those
 leave some words ,just so we actually feel like someone is looking:) We Love You .
Now go Party... I'm off to work.
xxxx
See you in 2017
Lisa 

2 comments: