Thursday 15 December 2016

Sweet Memories - Peg's sketch layout

Good Morning Arty Peeps.
Peg here today to share my take on the December sketch challenge.
I hope all your holiday planning is going smoothly and you're still managing a little creative time to join our

Here's my page

And here's the sketch, clicking on it will take you to our FB folder where you can add your own.

Now for some details...
For the background I used regular linen textured cardstock with a mix of Lemongrass and Mustard seed Glimmer Mists. I masked off my left side strip and applied Black Color Shine through this fabulous checker plate stencil.

 I used this patterned paper for thin strips to frame my checker plate, and also for the banner pieces in the sketch. Once those were stuck down I added some red splats by mixing Dylusions with plenty of water on my mat then pressing my page onto it.

These Thickers made up my title. My journalling is typed on vellum and attached using the awesome Tim Holtz tiny stapler (one of my favourite tools!!). I colour my staples black with an alcohol marker.

 I added black Kindyglitz to the wood veneer to make the word pop. Then finished off the embellishing with a couple of flairs and some enamel bits befor going around the edge of the page with Distress Stain.

Thanks for coming by today.
I look forward to seeing your creations.


No comments:

Post a Comment