Saturday 18 November 2017

Creative Gift by Lauren Hender

Hello everyone and welcome back to the Scrapping Clearly blog.

Do you have a friend that is ready to make to mixed media jump? Who has dabbled a bit but is still not sure? Well I do. She is an amazing scrapper but it was only recently that she made the jump and has added a touch of mixed media to her layouts. A little excited about this I want to give her a gift of a ranger art journal. As I was sitting at my desk I thought I would create her a mixed media tag that she could keep to accompany the gift and maybe inspire her to be brave and add some of the elements I use into her new art journal.


So what do you think? Would you like a scrappy gift like this?


Ok, so as you can see I have a used a few goodies featured above to make this tag but there have also been a few things you don't know I have used.

So here it is. The shopping list all linked up and ready for you to click on and go straight to the Scrapping Clearly store.



I started by using the distress oxides and some gesso on the tag. I then applied some texture using a stencil and the whipped spackle.


I then hand cut a couple of tags and added the hole reinforcers in coordinating cardstock. I just love this punch and know it will be used many times especially in my planner.


 I found this cute acetate 'thankful' wreath and new it would be perfect to place on top of the tags.
I layered the cork behind the 'thankful' to make it pop and give it some dimension.


I hope my little gift tag has inspired you to make a creative gift for someone special.

Lauren xo

1 comment:

  1. this is so beautiful Lauren! love the colours. I too have one of these punches - I need to use it more - I love the coordinating colours of the reinforcements!

    ReplyDelete