Friday 24 November 2017

One Beautiful Mess -Creating Handmade Mini Art Journals

Howdy bloggers Lisa here,
back again with a Friday mixed media update.

Today I am sharing with you this cool little handmade Art Journal I created
when I returned home from the annual Gundi Scraptacular.
After giving to others teaching, I had to give back to myself.

Oh the fun of free play, the joyful recharge it gives, creating just for yourself,
these things can not be underestimated.
So atm, we are in the process of redecorating and my creative space is frustratingly limited.
I have also been loving using the smaller of the Ranger Dylusions Journals, a smaller work surface means quicker pieces, and after creating handmade journals in Gundi,
I was keen to bust into making workable smaller handmade journals to create within...


Using a plethora of whatever was across my table 
music sheet papers 
flutterby design stickers


I have put together this little album by grabbing a sheet of cardstock, folding it twice, then cutting and stapling it together. It's marshmallow cardstock and did require a little coaxing into place.
I secured the piece with a thicker, cloth washi tape on the spine as a binding and also through the middle to support the whole journal.


 I start with a simple painty background and
 usually use a stencil to add detail without dimension.


 Then a few different stamped images across the page
 - it's rad when you use a smaller journal and your stamps 
really become cool interest points upon your piece, instead of disappearing into the background.


A little layering of extra card or random cutouts onto your page and details with Posca and other pens usually finish the overall look, and I'm happy to move onto another piece.













 I love creating these little journals so much that I've started another.


Thanks for dropping by the blog, 
I'll be back next week with a little more mixed media creative goodness.
Lisa xxx


6 comments:

  1. wow, wow, wow!! love all this inspiration and I too love small journal sizes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prolific! Must get those minis back to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love thee... let me count thy ways... ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I so want to get out the paints and create 💛

    ReplyDelete