Wednesday 29 November 2017

Art Journal Page - with Emma

Hi again everyone.

Today on the ScrappingClearly blog I tried something new. I played in my art journal.
So many other scrappers inspire me so much, 
and I don’t normally do this form of media.
I have tried it a couple of times but always think it looks silly.
However, I decided I needed to embrace and create! And I love trying new things. 
I kept it simple, only using a couple of colours. 


I didn’t want to overwhelm myself with colour. 
I started with Tim Holtz mini collage crazed medium on the base,
as a prep on my page before I added colour, and layered a stencil. 


I then started stamping, feeling free to let the page kinda create itself.
I used a black pen and highlighted parts of the stencil. 


I then thought I needed a title,
so, using an OnTrend2 journal card I cut out the quote to make one. 


I loved the Gold in it.
Then I found a quote that reflected the creative vibe I was feeling. 


A few Liquitex artist inks flicked over the page and it was finished. 
I’m pretty happy with it and look forward to playing like this more in the future. 

Have you tried this form of media yet? 
I'd love to see, share in our Facebook group, or even try as one of our monthly challenges.

It’s very freeing, I highly recommend it. 

Catch you all next time. 
Em xx

2 comments:

  1. I love all that drippy goodness, gorgeous colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cool page Emma!! I love the effects!

    ReplyDelete