Thursday 9 March 2023

'Be Brave' by Emma Zappone

 Hey there everyone.
Em popping in with a simple Art Journal page today. I have not been very well so I needed to play simply and quickly this week. I visited some older techniques while still focusing on the colours in the affirmation board.



I played in one of the smaller ABM Art Journals as this allows for a quicker play. Lets just look at he colour scheme in the board....


I liked the 'smooshed' effect behind the quote on the board, this inspired me to recreate it as the background of the page. My blues are are a mix from the board. More the donut colours I think. I created this background using Distress Oxides in Uncharted Mariner, Faded Jeans and Broken China.



I then added some stamping layers. Digging out some of my oldies and my faves created a panel of stamping. I then used some quotes and words from a selection of 49&Market Rub-ons. I never use them so I thought these would blend in great with the stamping. Plus they are words that really are needed for me right now.



Finally my focal feature is from the Lucky Foundations pack 'Reverie' and I chose to cut out 2 of the bees from the acetate sheet. I painted the backs with some White Gesso, so that they didn't blend into the background too much.
A little black ink splash and a quote this page is done.

Thanks for joining me today and I hope simplicity inspires you.

Till next time, Em xx






No comments:

Post a Comment