Tuesday 24 December 2019

Fridge magnets

Hi everyone
With less than a month before I have to move house I've started to think about packing.   I looked in the kitchen and saw 3 of those promotional fridge magnets that you get in the mail.   I'd just been whacking them on the fridge 'cause I find them useful but certainly not attractive.   So I decided the get creative.   (Really just a way of procrastinating about the packing!)

              

I started by giving the magnets a couple of coats of gesso, collaging on some paper, random stamping (Jane Davenport Poppy Girl, Lavinia Stamps Dragon Pods & Seed Heads & others),  and then some Light & Fluffy through a few stencils (Colour Blast Time magic, Dina Wakley Media wheels & others) .  




                        

I made a few embellishments using a mould and some paper clay and covered some metallic bits from my stash with gesso,


 I used alcohol inks on two of the magnets(just squinted them on in places and let them do their thing) and pounced on some acrylic paint using a dry brush for the last one.


I then used my finger to rub on some metallic wax and some gel medium to stick on some mica flakes and beads. 



                      


Hope you all have a fabulous Christmas.
Thanks for looking
cheers
Tracey












No comments:

Post a Comment