Tuesday 31 December 2019

Vitality

Hi everyone
Happy New Year's Eve!   
As the year ends I start thinking about the year ahead, not making resolutions as such (way too much pressure!) but thoughts about what I would like my year to look like.  
For me I want 2020 to be full of vitality.

To keep me focused I decided to decorate some wooden letters that will go in my new scrap room.


I started by choosing a 6" x 6" paper pack (Heidi Swapp Favorite Things) because I didn't need a lot of paper for each letter and I wanted them to be different but still work together.   I traced the letter onto the back of the paper (remember to reverse the letter if required) and then fussy cut them out.



I gave the edges a couple of coats of gesso 'cause I wasn't sure what I was going to do but in the end I randomly painted them using Dina Wakley acrylic paints (Sky, Lime, Magenta & Blushing).

I stuck the paper to the letters using gel medium and when dry sanded the edges,   Added all my inspirational words and a few embellishments (Pink Paislee Citrus Bliss stickers & Cocoa Vanilla Life is Beautiful alphas).


Some close ups for you




If I accomplish all this, you wont know me in 2021!

Have a safe and happy New Year,   
See you all next year
cheers
Tracey


No comments:

Post a Comment