Friday 20 December 2019

"There are always Flowers...."

Hi all...happy Friday to you!
It's Michelle back with a little something different....not an art journal page but a mini book.
Here is a video showing how I created the base of the book with one sheet of watercolour paper and water colour:
https://youtu.be/YcWvb51of1Q

So here is the mini all embellished using just one main stamp set and a background stamp.
"There is always flowers..."


The main stamp set used for the focal images are from the stamp set
 "There are always flowers..." by Dina Wakley, this set is awesome! 
I have stamped on different substrates so each page has a totally different look....all with the one set.
The front cover Title uses the Quote from the set stamped on Collage Tissue Paper  with Stazon Black ink.


I used acrylic paint over the top of the watercolour to create another layer, finishing the background using white paint and one stencil (Shape Mash up..by Dina Wakley) throughout the mini. I also used a background stamp by Carabelle Studio "Collage Washi Tape Garden" stamped on collage tissue throughout the mini too.

The first page I stamped on a gelli print from my stash and added it to the page using Gel Medium , added some scribbles and created a shadow using a black Stabilo All Pencil and water.


The rest of the pages were done in the same way I just changed what I stamped on. This page I stamped on old Atlas paper.



The last page I used plain old book paper and added a few more marks with a posca pen.



And finally the back cover I used up the rest of the stamped tissue and added some 
Dina Wakley washi tape as a binding of sorts.
I then added some Sari ribbon to finish it off and my quick little mini book was done.


Items used:
 Dina Wakley stamp set: "There are always flowers..." 
Stazon Black ink.
Carabelle Studio "Collage Washi Tape Garden"  
Water colour paper.
And that is it from me till next week....
till then I hope everyone has a safe and happy Christmas!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment