Friday 6 December 2019

"Art Life" Journal.

Hi all, happy Friday!
I am back with my 6x6 Dina Wakley Journal but this time it is the cover I wanted to show you all. As I create I do tend to make a big ol' mess of the covers of my journals and this one is no exception...it was very "painty" and messy. So, as i got sick of looking at it, and my journal has only a few pages left to "do", I wanted to give it a make-over and this is the result!
 

The background has a few layers of paint using Dina Wakley paint colours in Cheddar, Lemon, Ruby, Sky, Marine, Gilt and White.
I once again used the paint/splash/dry and wipe method for the first layers, then for the last layer I used the Big Squovals Stencil with the white and Gilt colours, wiping away with a baby wipe to give it a graphic look.  


The figure is a Dina Wakley Stamp "I Spill",  (....can you tell her products are a fave?) stamped onto old book paper. I then added the figure to the cover with Gel Medium making sure to add a thin layer of the medium over the top so it forms a good surface to add more layers.


I then added some more pops of colour to the figure as things were getting a little dull. Then added some marks and scribbles to the figure....time for the title.
I used the same book paper but this time before using an old alpha stamp, I randomly added paint to the paper....dried it then stamped.
Then the cover was done....so easy when you have great product!
Here is the back of the journal where you can see the background details more clearly.


Items Used:

Alpha Stamp set

And that is me for this Friday! 
See you all back here next week!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment