Wednesday 10 April 2019

'Love this guy'

Hi all!

Today I am sharing a page using stencils three ways!

I love using these tools - but I do want to warn you that these stencils are addictive!!

I have scrapped this photo of my hubby captured enjoying a nice moment on the south west coast of W.A. To me, he is a good man with a big heart - I am one lucky girl!


To begin, I primed my page with gesso - as is robust to work with, with wet media (later). 

Once completely dried, I grabbed a Tim Holtz mini layered stencil set 3-pack and sprayed ColourBlast 'Sunset' Colour Spray on a craft mat - so I could dip the stencil on the colour spray. Then I lightly sprayed water over the cardstock. Then I placed the colour-dipped stencil onto the cardstock.


I repeatedly placed the stencil over the areas that my photo was going to be placed. I then heat dried with a craft gun.

For the second stencil method, I used a make-up sponge, with Distress Oxides in both Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed, and my Tim Holtz stencil. I rubbed the circular shapes randomly over the page, as pictured. I absolutely love the versatility of these little beauties - the Distress Oxides.


Another way to use stencils is to provide texture to your project. I have used a The Crafter's Workshop 'Mini half-tone circles' stencil. I mixed some modeling paste with Lindy's Stampgang Magicals powder and, using a spatula and stencil, I applied it over various parts of the background. 


I then heat-dried the modeling paste with a craft gun and continued to work on the background, using splatters stamped with bubble wrap this time.

Next, I adhered my photo down over the layered papers from the store. Take a look at these close-ups:


For the background and layers behind the photo, I have used (from the store): Tim Holtz 'Small Talk'; Dina Wakley Collage Papers; and Shimmelle 'Box of Crayons' patterned paper.

In this gorgeous cluster, next to the photo, I die-cut some flowers and leaves and inked with ColourBlast Colour Sprays in both 'Sunset' and 'Saffron'. I also hand-punched out the white flowers - and then coloured them with Distress Oxide in 'Mustard Seed'.


Finally, for some bling to add to this page, I used 'My Mind's Eye' enamel dots, pearls, and completed the page with a Charms Creations 'Terrific Tab'.


I hope you enjoyed the step by step process of using the stencils in different ways. As you can see, they are so versatile and easy to use.

Thank you for stopping by, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment