Friday 2 November 2018

'You are...' by Amy - November Moodboard

Hi everyone! A new month means a new challenge - and this Moodboard with a red setting! 

Red is a colour that can be seen in various forms ranging from strawberries to traffic lights to a stunning ruby!

I have decided to do a simple mixed media page for this one - it was something different for me. I enjoyed creating this page - partly because I was able to play with new toys from the store. 


After I primed the page with Dina Wakley Clear Gesso, then I set to work on the background.


I love polka dots. I didn't have a stencil with polka dots, so I used a 3/4" circle punch from my stash and punched a piece of cardstock to make a stencil. Using this makeshift stencil as a guide, I have made circles with Dina Wakley Media Scribble Sticks, then smoothed them with some water, in a circular motion. Can I just say that the Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks are just awesome?
I defined the circles with a black Posca pen, and a Kaisercraft background stamp from my stash. You could use anything similar that takes your fancy.

I splattered some Dylusions paint (in Postbox Red) mixed with a little water, around the page.

I wanted to add some height, so I sketched this figurine. I then smoothed it out with some leftover paint, using my brayer. To highlight the figurine, I used both white and black Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks.


I hand-tore the love heart out from the Dina Wakley Media Collage paper tissue pack - there are so many designs to choose from! I then went over the heart with a red Dina Wakley Scribble Stick and some water.

For the subtitles around the page, I selected some words from the Dina Wakley Media Collage Word Pack. I adhered them with a gel medium from my stash. 

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you can join in and have a go with this month's RED moodboard!

Ciao, Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment