Thursday 8 November 2018

What's in the Box -- Lovely Today

Lovely Today 

Today’s share from me did not start out with the intention of being part of the November Moodboard but somehow it has evolved and those beautiful pinks and a tiny hint of red has snuck in on the timber photo corners – funny how that works out for you when you are not even trying. I hope to see your take on the Moodboard by the end of the month - it's a cracker!



 Lovely Today



So in the box today I have some awesome products that I had sitting on my desk from my last crafty play and surprisingly some were in their designated storage spot. I must have had a fairy cleaner pop in to help clean up & put things away for me. 


 12x12 Kraft Cardstock -  that one didn't fit in the box 
flair - i have used one from my stash but found these cool ones in the shop 
 Liquitex magenta ink  - to dye the muslin

So lets get started.... first I picked out some of the pages from the Crate paper pad that complimented my photo...  I had a little shuffling thing going on and cut a few down until I worked out my layers. After choosing the order and sticking them down with tape I decided to add a little black Archival Ink to my stamp and border the top and bottom of the photo with it.  I then placed this on the page for placement . I marked it with some tape and then put it to the side.


 The utter joy when using these Ken Oliver Liquid Inks was indescribable. This one is Metallic Rose and has the best shimmer... After dropping a few drops I sprayed water and then moved the pooling around on my page... I became a little impatient and then took my spatula and smeared it all over the page then allowed it to dry naturally. How good is that shimmer?


 Once dried I used a Tim Holtz Collections stencil and Modelling Paste to add another dimension and soften up the Kraft cardstock. Once this was dry - I cheated and used my heat gun, I put it aside and grabbed the Magenta Liquitex ink and dropped some onto some white muslin. I tore some small strips and tested for placement then sewed them on the page. Also while I was at the machine I added a stitched border and stuck the pre-prepared paper layers and photo in place. I then added stitching to the layers to help tie it all together. 



All that was needed was a few more little embellishments including some Cocoa Vanilla Studio vellum flowers & tag, Kinder Kreations chipboard border that I gessoed. I also added a Heidi Swapp Acetate word 
 


Finally some typed journalling was used to fill the space below the photo & a flair. I used wood veneer photo corners to help highlight the photo a little & a little bit more black stamping and Modelling Paste with the stencil up around the edges and corners. 



I hope you have fun creating your Moodboard Challenge Layout this month 

have fun - be messy
Tracey





No comments:

Post a Comment