Monday 19 November 2018

Layers and Creative Energy

The past two weekends I have been very lucky to catch up with friends and fellow creators at two different retreats. I love the crazy non-stop atmosphere and the ability to soak up the energy of the room. I was lucky enough to catch up with Scrapping Clearly DT members Amy, Lisa and Leonie … ‘gush’… all in one room.... I was also lucky enough to jag a seat next to Leonie & watch her work. To sneak a peak at how she creates a page is inspiring. So much energy in one place meant I got to create a whole heap and let myself just flow. Somehow things just evolved and I have found myself using pink again which is perfect for this months moodboard - I think I created at least three layouts in pink over the weekend.


This one is called Zebra



I chose this really cool pic from an Art exhibit at GoMA in Brisbane a few years back and wanted to keep the layout simple and light.  The first part of the process was to pick out a subtle colour - I chose Dylusions paint in Rose Quartz and also some muslin to back the photo


I chose Kraft cardstock to create on as I was picking up the colour from the  sand in the photo. I brayered the paint onto the cardstock and then used borrowed ink from Leonie & Autumn Leaves old flourish stamps to start the layering process.


I have used a cut file that I created as the next layer. This was glued down with some Express It glue 
… I love this stuff. 


The next few layers were then set in place. Quite a bit of paper shuffling went on until I was happy with the placement.  Some paintchips, torn muslin and a clear acetate label were the first things to be glued down.

 

I used Heidi Swapp acetate/ ghost fonts for my title. I added some tickets, resin flowers and Heidi Swapp puffy, acetate & epoxy stickers. I finished the layout off with some typed journalling and a double stitched border in white cotton.


At the very end I decided I needed a little more black at the top of the page and found a Kaisercraft rub on that worked well in just giving a hint of black and keeping the layout light.


I hope you have had a fantastic weekend and are getting ready to get messy again this week. I’m looking forward to catching up on a lot of  sleep with a little creating thrown in for good measure. I'm also looking forward to viewing all the entries for the moodboard as they flow in over the next couple of weeks. 

until next time
tracey

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous Tracey and I look forward to the next time we can create at retreat together. Fun times :)

    ReplyDelete