Thursday 18 January 2018

The Best Time - A Scrapbook Page by Katie

Hi there,
Katie back with my take on the January sketch challenge.
Have you had a go yet?
A sketch is a great way to kickstart your creative juices if you need one,
and who doesn't love an opportunity to win a prize?!
Below is the sketch, and you can link yours up in the Facebook album here.


I have used Fancy Pants Joy Parade again for my page, and to suit my photos
I flipped the sketch over so the photos are on the other side.
I did this because of the direction the kid's were looking in the photos,
I didn't want them looking 'out of the page'. So here is my page:


I love a good sketch, especially one that gives you lots of room to make it your own.
My favourite technique is layering with embellishment clusters
and this sketch left plenty of room to do that,
and the Fancy Pants Joy Parade embellishments were so easy to use as well.
I used lots of the patterned paper as the foundations for my page,
including one as the main part of the background.
You can find all the papers for Joy Parade in the collection kit.
I also distressed the edges of my backing paper layers
to add some interest to the background.


I made good use of all the little bits and pieces in the tags and labels pack,
these kinds of things are always great for layering.
This particular cluster of embellishments also included
including the word and camera.
I think puffy stickers are one of my favourite embellishments!


This title was part of the Joy Parade ephemera pack,
I simply backed it with some of the patterned paper
and then fussy cut around it, and hey presto, a title,
without having to think too hard!


Lots more bits and pieces from the ephemera and tags and labels packs here
and the puffy sticker shapes and dots and general puffy stickers.
I even layered a tag and heart together for extra effect.
The Joy Parade Flair are lots of fun too, and I used this one to bring in some more black,
and the saying fits the photos perfectly as well.


Combining the speech bubble and a puffy sticker helped make this embellishment cluster lots of fun, and maybe the smiley face helped too!

Well, that is all from me today,
I hope you have a go at the sketch too
and I look forward to seeing your creations in the

Thanks for stopping by,

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment