Monday 29 January 2018

A Stamped Background by Leonie Neal-Dawson

Hello, Leonie here today,
and can you believe we're into the last week of January already? 
Back to school this week for my kids and I have a school-related scrapbook page to share. 
Some pictures of my daughter at her Grade 6 end of year celebrations last December.  
Like my previous two posts this month which you can see here and here, I'll be using the Fancy Pants Golden Days Collection.


I used the beautiful Floral stamp from the Prima Bloom Collection to create this stamped background on my scrapbook page.  
I used a few drops of Broken China from a Distress Oxide Reinker on a water-resistant surface (e.g. a cellophane bag) then dipped the stamp in and stamped away. Any droplets of ink that were left over on the cellophane bag I pressed on to the page as well. No wastage that way. 
Of course, you could use Distress Oxide ink pad to create a similar background but I like that each stamped image isn't exactly perfect.




The embellishments on this page are from the Fancy Pants Golden days ephemera pack and there are also some Puffy Dot Stickers from the Collection and that lovely flair button. 
I love the acetate words and Dear silhouette adding a little gold metallic goodness to my page.




My title is made with the Printed Alpha from the collection. These can be purchased as a separate package or, for better value, they are included in the collection kit along with 2 of each of the 12x12 papers and the Puffy Stickers.  To make the title stand out a little more I outlined it with a black journalling pen.


I used some of the patterned papers from the collection to matt my photos and I also layered several of the tags from the Golden Days Tags and Labels pack. I love tags that come packaged with twine already, a little bonus, because a tag just doesn't look complete to me unless it has some twine looped through the hole. 


Well, that's it for me for January, I'll be back next month with some brand new creations.

Happy crafting,
Leonie Neal-Dawson.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this page, what a beautiful story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super sweet journaling, Id love that from my kids .
    i always love your work

    ReplyDelete