Monday 15 January 2018

Using Up Remnants - And a Funny Story

Hello Arty Peeps,

Hope the Summer is treating you well and you have access to a cool creative space.
My art room is the only space at our home that has air con, being in the roof of the shed it needs it,
as it's generally about 10-15 degrees hotter up there than outside.
With the current heat wave I have the perfect excuse to get crafty.

However, as you know from this recent post, I am in 'purge & clean' mode.
It is happening, albeit slowly. You see, as I find stuff I want to use rather than discard,
I get distracted.

Case in point.....

I found remnants of this old range - Life Emporium, by Teresa Collins (all on special right now!)
There was not enough to create a giveaway kit, all the packs were half used.
And with the soft pinks and rich egg-yolk yellows teamed with wood grain, well it was just too pretty to toss.
I loved the addition of the natural cork and wood elements too. It seriously was/is a gorgeous range!

So I played. I used up all the papers and most of the packs.


It was a perfect range for these photos, taken inside in front of the timber blind.
Subtle in colour, some busy patterns for interest and movement, but none of it competes with my pics
and the stickers help tell the story.
I used the sticky-back wood dots to anchor everything.

I had enough leftovers to do 2 pages so this story was told too.
This makes me laugh!


The colours in Life Emporium are just so perfect used on kraft cardstock.
To ground my layout I scraped some gesso on the kraft first.
See how well the wood grain matches the kraft? I love it.
My story and pics really are the feature of the page 
because the colours of this range are just so soft.
In my album these pages are a rest for the eyes.

I have plenty more half-used ranges I'm sure.
I see distraction in my imminent future.
Maybe next time I'll put them aside and make up page-kits to take to retreat,
an easy packing solution, although I still have to find storage for them.
How do you deal with leftovers?

Thanks for coming by today,
hope you're keeping cool (or warm if you're in the Northern Hemisphere)
and finding some creative time in your days.
Til next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment