Saturday 20 January 2018

Awesome - Scrapbook Page by Lisa J

Hello there,
Thanks for joining me today.

One of my favourite go to layout designs is a grid. I especially love using grids when I have lots of gorgeous patterned papers that I want to include so it was a great design to use for the Cocoa Vanilla You Rock collection I am working with this month.

This layout is of my goofball 3rd child and his habit of pulling faces in every photo - even his Year 6 Formal photos. I just have to roll with it and have a giggle.


This design incorporates 6, 3x4 rectangles so it would be perfect to use for Project Life style cards as well (particularly if, like me, you buy all the pretty packs but don't actually do project life).

I have inked the edges of all my papers and my white cardstock with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot.

I love to add little splatters of white mist for a subtle detail. Heidi Swapp White Colour Shine is perfect for this and a bottle will last for ages.


I painted my "Awesome" wood veneer title with a mix of Colour Blast paste in steel and then black gesso and Dylusions After Midnight paint. The end result is a very dark Navy colour with some added texture.


The Cocoa Vanilla You Rock Wood Veneer are great for embellishing the different rectangles in my grid. I treat each rectangle like a little page of its own trying to include a mix of different embellishments from the Rubber Charms to the Flair Buttons.

I hope you get some creative time this weekend.
Happy creating


No comments:

Post a Comment