Tuesday 23 January 2018

Triangles Galore by Leonie Neal-Dawson

Hello scrappy peeps,
Leonie with you today sharing this page full of triangles.

I generally like to layer square or rectangle pieces of patterned paper under my photo's
but the day I scrapped this page I was feeling tired of that and wanted to do something a little different.
Do you ever feel like your pages are looking all similar in design?
Need something to change things up a bit and re-ignite your creative spark?
Well some small triangle pieces in the Fancy Pants Golden Days Ephemera pack
lead to all the triangles on this page.


I cut five different sized triangles from several of the patterned papers in the Golden Days Collection. With 2 of each design in the 12x12 collection kit I had no qualms about cutting into papers because of that old scrapbooking dilemma of 'saving the favourite papers for that special page'. I'm sure we've all been there!
I added some cardboard and foam tape under some of the triangles to add more dimension to my page.


The Golden Days collection is based on a Fall/Autumn theme, the colours and patterns aren't too 'girly' and I like the organic textures like the woodgrain patterns and cork shapes. Great for boy pages like this one. You can see some of the puffy sticker leaf shapes above and the cork shapes below.


The Golden Days collection also has the cutest pack of leaf-shaped paperclips and I included one of these on my photo below.
See those little woodgrain triangles on the pic below they're the ones that inspired my triangle theme on this page.  Do you ever get inspired by one small embellishment and it influences the design of a whole page? Let us know in the comments.
Some faux stitched lines around some of the triangles and handwritten journalling completed my page.


There you have it, a quick easy page to whip up.
Perhaps during the upcoming long weekend?

Thanks for stopping by today,
happy crafting,

Leonie Neal-Dawson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment