Tuesday 3 January 2017

And it's January!!

Happy New Year to all our arty peeps!!

I am so pleased to be leaving 2016 behind, it was a doozy.
So, playing with the bright and happy new mood board for January
(see it at the bottom of this post), I came up with this page.

This was my second attempt at creating on New Year's Eve,
I'm feeling a return of some mojo, yay!

 Some details...
Colour Blast paste (love that shimmer!) on a heavy card base with this TCW stencil. Then some drips and dribbles of Tim Holtz distress reinker colours, red and yellow. I used another piece of cardstock to clean my mat which I then used for the banner.

I journalled with my awesome WeRMK Typecast typewriter by putting the whole page through, yes, all 12"!! I wrapped paper towel over the paste so it wouldn't get all over the typewriter but as you can see by the uneven lines, it was a little challenging getting the paper to roll. No paste next time methinks.

Other stuff used... Foam title & stars, flair, phrase sticker, date stamp,  staples with Stazon ink, black acrylic paint, mini bubble wrap.

Here is the mood board, click on it to go to the upload folder on Facebook.

So here's hoping your 2017 is a fantastic, productive, fun year.
Hope to see lots of peeps playing with our 2 challenges each month.
You can check out our sketch challenge for January here.

Thanks for coming by


No comments:

Post a Comment