Friday 20 January 2017

Art Journaling is All You Need.

Salutaions Bloggers 
Lisa Here with Friday Mixed Media blog update
Last year I picked up a teaching gig with the PCYC in Maitland to 
teach a few art classes to a few young teens battling some demons.
Art Journaling is a great way to express oneself  through a little free flow creativity
 and it also can be therapeutic and cathartic.
Yesterday we worked with dark moody black backgrouds and  pops of colour.
It was a pick your own theme and hearts won out, 
for the ease of actually cutting ;) and the symbolism involved.
 I started with my Dylusions Art Journal and wrote some expressive words down on my page , then I roughly painted the background in Black Dylusions paint, then rubbed back the page with a stencil and wet wipe , leaving an impression on the page.
A little white house paint for extra detail and our background is drying while I quickly paint a piece of watercolour paper in all the Dina Wakley and Dylusions colours of the rainbow , 
and put that aside to dry also.
 When everything is dry , I cut a few hearts from the coloured page, Inked the edges with black stazon, and arranged placement . When I was happy with the layout , out comes the express it glue and I attach the pieces into position.Adequate drying time again and its time to do some doodling.
(Because wet mediums and paint pens dont mix)
I used a combination of Posca,Liquitex and sharpie(white) paint pens. and the amazing fude ball pen also to play and detail some of the hearts , added some random hearts also , just in the paint pens
My title was added using the rad Heidi Swapp Foam Letter stamps a bargin at $19.95... if you don't have them ..why not ?  they are a must for every creatives pages !
I detailed the title and some hearts using the Nuvo crystal drops .. super fun to play with .
Thanks for dropping by,
 I hope you are inspired to get out your Art Journal this weekend and play.
See you next week .
Lisa 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment