Friday 13 January 2017

A Colour Change

Howdy Bloggers Lisa here with a Friday mixed media update .
playing on the scrap table last week i produced a few pieces ,
 but this one was not sitting with me well and just lacked something ...
So I started with a piece of Marshmellow bazzill cardstock and textured a mandala onto the  background which  placed off center on the page. 
I arranged my photo placement and added the maked "you make me happy " words using the
 Heidi Swapp watercolor sheets and softly dabbed it with stazon black ink to imprint the words,
a little morroccan tissue paper addition to give a little more detail and texture .
I then added a little mixed Dylusions paint in Bubblegum pink and Cermacoat pale pink to the mandala and left the stenciled area free from colour.
Drying time and embellishment building , 
a standard instax pix with black matt cardboard,
brings your eye into the photo and highlights all the shadows 
within your photo and the page one creates .
Heidi Swapp Apoxy words , some me and my big ideas chipboard 
and this baby was almost finished...
but it lacked something , and for me it lacked the punch of colour and zest for life that this family is the photo have , so out come the hot and happy bright colourful Dylusions /Dina Wakley paints.
and now I am satisfied. 


Thanks for dropping by the blog , see you next week.
Lisa

1 comment: