Tuesday 7 February 2023

Gift box by Tracey B


        Hi everyone and happy crafting Tuesday.

 

I found myself needing a gift box in a big hurry so I reached straight for a Lucky Findings Foundation Pack (Rose Lullaby).

 

I was in a real time crunch so I painted the edges of my box with Dina Wakley fuchsia paint so I didn’t have to be too precise with the edges in the next step.

 


I then tore up the base page and some of the rice paper and washi then glued it all down with a glue stick.   I added some design reinforcements and some rice paper stamps then gave it all a coat with matte medium.   









I fussy cut the vellum and added it to the top.

I then used a brush and some wax (Indian Pink and Old White) to colour a resin piece for the top which I stuck on with matte mediem.   I added some beads using more matte medium.




I had planned to add some stamping and maybe texture paste to the sides but just ran out of time.   As it was, the box was still a little damp when it went on its way...  and I forgot to take a photo of the finished product.   Bit of a fail all round really.

 

The Foundation Packs are so easy for this type of project I’m planning a lot more – just with more time! 😊


TFL
cheers
Tracey








1 comment: