Friday 17 February 2023

Always Believe in Yourself

 hi all, 

I am back today with something a little different for me.. No, it isn't a house. 

well technically there is another house at the end but that isn't the main part. 

I created a scrapbook page. 

OK, OK, those who know me and my last few years - don't fall over because it doesn't feature a photo but there is an image....

Always Believe in Yourself


see there is an image. BUT the image is a 2-step image transfer (which I forgot to take photos of along the way. First, I transferred some text onto a piece of watercolour paper. then I layered over a magazine image transfer. There is a close up below so you can see the text and through the image. This is one of my favourite techniques. 


I used a piece of Heidi Swapp Art Walk collection pattern paper as my background piece, layered onto that the vellum page from the Lucky Findings Foundations - Peiskos  

Then I layered up the background of the image with a mix of resin paper, old wallpaper, and part of the transparency from the Lucky Findings Foundation - Sherbet collection.

I did add some stitching along the way. I do love a bit of random stitching. 

Then I finished it off with some chipboard that I had from Umm Wow Studio that I covered randomly with texture paste, black paint and then fished with some DecoArt Media Antiquing Cream - Patina Green and English Red Oxide

I then added a splattering of Tim Holtz Oxide ink (using the spray bottle ends) in Victorian Velvet and Iced Spruce. Created my title using a mixture of Tim Holtz Quotes, Heidi Swapp Black & White Buzz words, Cocoa Vanilla Awesome alphas, and some very old 7 dots studio - Dreamscape stickers. Finally adding some of the Peiskos Design Reinforcements. I do love those little guys. 

So, I did promise right at the very start of this post another house. I did start this for January but then.. well... time and stuff happened. But now it is finished. 


The inspiration for January revolved around the Lucky Findings Foundation - Aliferous collection

LOVE this collection, love the butterflies/wings, the colours, the oval frame - so yep, I feel there will be more to come from this collection....

I'm not going to bore you with all the details of how this came together. just know that there were LAYERS... then the transparency (LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE) and then bits and pieces. 





Ok so I will add some close ups.




If you would like some more details on some of the products from this one, please let me know. 

Thanks for visiting everyone. 
hope you enjoyed those couple of projects. 
PS I did do some shopping but got sidetracked and didn't check out!!!! yep, I have now though.

Live with Respect.
Leanne xo




2 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing...love the colours of the new little house...and your page is divine
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leanne - I love everything especially little house can't wait to see the village at the end! - Kylie

    ReplyDelete