Tuesday 24 November 2020

He's got skills by Tracey B

 Happy Tuesday everyone! 

Here's another bright and cheery layout inspired by this month's mood board.





I wasn't sure exactly where I was going with this LO in the beginning (situation normal really) so I started with a coat of white gesso as I was pretty sure I wanted to be able to 'move' whatever medium I decided to use.

I opted for some gelatos initially so a scribble on my messy mat, a spritz with water and then transferred them to my layout using some plastic packaging.



I also used them to colour the diecuts I was using (just painting with a brush).   
I used a swirly stencil and a pencil to draw in some curves and then went back in with a black Posca pen & defined the swirls adding a few more freehand as I went along.   Note to self - ensure your LO is dry or you'll bugger up your Posca!
 


I then grabbed another stencil, a foam applicator and some Distress Oxide for another layer. 

Because the Distress Oxide will react with water I spritzed some ware onto by hand and then flicked it onto the LO.

Another stencil and some Art Anthology Dimensional Velvet paint. I just love this stuff - so lush and creamy.



I then fussy cut a Hambly screen print, layered my photo, added a title and stuck everything down and lastly added some journalling.

   

Products I've used include

Gelato (lemon, tangerine and bubblegum)
Distress Oxide (Picked Raspberry)
Foam applicator
Mosiac tile stencil
Diecut (borrowed)

Still a week left to join in the fun with this month's mood board.


Would love to see what you create.

cheers
Tracey




No comments:

Post a Comment