Friday 6 November 2020

2020 Art Tiles with Belinda Spencer

 Happy Fri-YAY Scrapping Clearly fans!!


It's Belinda here with you today to share my latest project for Scrapping Clearly featuring some awesome product available in store.

If you are like me and you have a stack of project life cards sitting around gathering dust then this little project might be for you. I absolutely love project life but I find it hard to commit to a whole year of documenting in the same way. I can't maintain a journal or diary either!! 

So these little art cards allow me to document how I am feeling about this shocking year without having a schedule to create them.

2020 ART TILES


So I started with this stack of project life cards that I have had for aaages in my stash. Of course you don't have to use project life cards. You could cut your own cards from sturdy cardstock, watercolour paper, paint swatches, chipboard etc.


I grabbed out all of the awesome products from the Scrapping Clearly store that I thought I might like to use. I tore up some collage papers, book paper, music sheets and sewing patterns. Anything will work. This is a great way to use up leftover scraps. I like to keep a container with different scraps especially for collage.


I added the collage pieces to each card using a matte gel medium and a silicone brush and then left to dry completely. You don't need to be very neat (as you can see from mine).




Once the tiles were dry, I carefully tore away the excess paper from around the edges. You can cut it away with a knife or scissors for a neater look but I like the rough edge for more interest.


Next I used a palette knife to swipe some heavy white gesso over the surface of each tile. You don't want to totally obliterate the patterned papers so a light touch is best.


Then I used the palette knife again to add a whole lot of super bright colour using the amazing Dylusions Paints. I LOVE those colours.


I swiped over a little more white gesso just to calm things down a bit.


Then I added some stencilling using a Tim Holtz Layering Stencil and some heavy black gesso.


To finish, I added detail with stamping, stickers and a little drawing with Posca Pens.




Here's what I used:
- Collage Collective Book
- Collage Paper Faces
HEIDI SWAPP Clear Stamp and Stencil
- Idea-ology Chit Chat
- Lemon Drop
- Mango Punch
- Sour Appletini
- Tropical Sangria
- Vibrant Turquoise
LIQUITEX Matte Gel
DARKROOM DOOR Stamps

Here's another example of what you can do with project life cards. This set of cards I created to actually try to document October. They are now sitting in the 'things to do later' corner of my desk! I have good intentions of completing them all for October but in reality it's probably not going to happen. LOL


Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today. I wonder what you might create with your project life cards.

Cheers
Belinda




No comments:

Post a Comment