Wednesday 9 September 2020

Vacation, by Amanda Hartmann

Hi everyone!

Recently, Vicki Boutin did a Facebook Live, where she showed Stamping, heat embossing and finishing with water colour painting. 

I gave this a go for today's page!



Here is what I used to create the background:
* Art by Marlene - Mariposa stamps - These are no longer in stock, but any stamps will work with the same techniques.
* White fine embossing powder
* Distrain Stain: Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans, Abandoned Coral and Pickled Raspberry
* Distress Oxides: Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans, Abandoned Coral and Pickled Raspberry

Here is the final page:

I started with a smooth sheet of heavy white cardstock. I traced a circle with a pencil. Then I stamped different butterflies and words around the circle. I heat embossed these with a fine white embossing powder.

I used the Distress stains and Distress Oxides mixed with water, to paint the water colour effects on and around the butterflies. I used the pinks: Abandoned Coral and Pickled Raspberry for painting the butterflies. I used the blues: Chipped Sapphire and Faded Jeans for around the butterflies. You can water down the colours to get different variations. Also to add splatters.





Finishing touches:
* Vicki Boutin papers to mount the background and the photo.
* Let's Wander stickers
* Summertime Crate Paper thickers

I LOVE this technique! I hope you can give it a go!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment