Saturday 7 September 2019

Glimpse of September

Welcome to a new month of fabulous colour with the help and inspiration of the September mood board. I hope you are ready to create up a storm this Spring and have your camera charged to take some amazing photo's as we roll through September. It is one of my favourite months to capture memories... 


I am very blessed with a creative daughter, it does have its advantages and disadvantages - like amazing art created but your supplies go missing. So blessed that I get to capture these moments in time every now and again when she is deep in thought creating... I love this piece that she created, I still have it stashed away - it is adorned top and bottom of the eye space with sea glass in a light burnt orange... It is one of my most favourite & treasured pieces she has created so far, so what better way to showcase the moment than to scrapbook it with its own page. 



I sprayed Dylusions Calypso teal ink and water onto my messy mat and then placed my Cardstock on that to pick up the colour. Then I tore a few strips from the Dina Wakley collage paper and adhered it with Liquitex matte medium . Once the tissue had dried I sewed straight lines up and down the page using aqua cotton to help add more texture and interest to the page. Then Liquitex modelling paste was added through a stencil.


I then worked on the layers under and around the photo. I used black netting (tulle), sticker butterflies and I cut my title with my silhouette. 


I added some Jane Davenport washi to the bottom of the photo with some micro pom poms. Tim Holtz sticker words were then added to add more of my thoughts for this page. The final touch was the black border using a fude ball pen. 




I hope you have gathered a little inspiration to get yourself creating this month. Till next time have a fantastic Saturday. 

tracey xx

No comments:

Post a Comment