Sunday 23 September 2018

Best Day - Scrapbook Page by DT Katie Howard

Morning, morning! I hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday,  and have a crafty day planned! I am hoping to get some crafting happening today, but maybe the washing will win out!

Today I thought I would share a page that I created about a special day for me. It was the day that I got to meet some of the actors from one of my favourite TV series, Stargate and the spin-off Stargate Atlantis. It was such a thrilling experience having watched these people for so many years. I used the fabulous Crate Paper Good Vibes collection as the basis for my page to show just how versatile this collection is for all sorts of pages and themes.


I loved the blue in the Good Vibes collection and thought that worked with the blues in the photo, and then included some of the soft pink as a kind of neutral as well as kraft, creams and the odd splash of other colours like mint.

For the background I used some of these papers - Girls Night, Passion and You Rock and created a block style background. I then set about creating layers under my photo using some So Chill paper scraps as well as lots of ephemera, and the #1 fan card came from the foil accented paper


On thing that I love doing with scraps is creating tags, well tag tops to be more accurate. These are so great for tucking into layers and adding more interest and you don't need much paper at all! The two tag tops here were only about 3inches x 2 inches in size, cut of the sides, punch a hole and put a hole reinforcer sticker on top and you are done! I sprinkled some chipboard accent sticker stars over this section as well as half of one of the pom pom frames to finish this cluster off.


I continued the tags up the top of the page to create another area of interest, finished off with a gold foiled chipboard sticker. I also used this area to add my journaling. I love adding journaling as thin printed strips, it is a great additional feature and is perfect if you don't like writing directly on your page.


Last of all is my title using some gold glitter foam thickers. These ones are extra cool because they are on pink foam, helping them tie in even better with the whole page. 

Well, that is it for me, thanks for stopping by and see you next time!

Katie x



No comments:

Post a Comment