Sunday 23 October 2016

Project Life Week 16 and 17 - With Karyn!

Hi Scrapping Clearly Lovelies!!! 

It's Karyn here and today I'm showing you Week 16 and 17 for my "Schultz Family 2016" Project Life Album. I've fallen so far behind with my Project Life this year that the only way I felt that I could catch up would be to try 1 week to a page. The biggest challenge is using less photos but lets see how this goes! 
I've mainly used the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Gather collection which is available at Scrapping Clearly. For these pages I've mainly used the blue and green papers from this collection. By selecting certain papers from a single collection you can get quite a different look. My week 14 that I blogged last week used the same collection but mainly the pink/peach colours!
Here is a close up of the LHS. For this page I've used 6"x6" pockets. I love using these pockets when I dont have as many photos. The hard part about using different sized pocket designs is that you never know what photos you will have from week to week. 
I kept this next card simple with some stickers from the thicker accents and the embellishments pack.
I love to add watercolouring to my cards to customise and personalise them. For 2 of the cards I added some painted strips and splatters made using my Prima Watercolor Confections - Decadent Pies paints. These paints are just amazing - so creamy and vibrant. I like to mix them in a paint pallete to get it watery enough for good splattering! 
Here is the end result with some added paper strips, a wooden button embellishment and a foiled acetate overlay.  
Here is a close up of the RHS. On some of the cards on this side I've used Ranger enamel accents. This product is perfect for creating your own enamel dots of any size. I've used the blue ribbon colour on these pages.
Here is the other watercoloured card with an added foil acetate overlay.
I wanted to add some wood veneer hearts to my cards but they needed some extra bling. I just wanted to cover half of them with sparkle so I masked with washi tape to get a perfectly straight line!

Scrapping Clearly products I've used include

Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Gather collection  (papers, thicker accents, embellishments, foiled acetate)
Heidi Swapp memory planner date stamp  
Studio Calico wood veneer hearts and arrows
 
Becky Higgins project life pocket pages design A and E 
Becky Higgins - white project life cards 
Ranger enamel accents  (blue ribbon)
Prima Watercolor Confections - Decadent Pies 

Thanks so much for stopping by

Crafty Hugs xx

Karyn

No comments:

Post a Comment