Friday 28 October 2016

Circle Journal Update

Howdy Folks, Lisa here with a late Friday blog update .
I am retreating in the beautiful Hunter Valley ,relaxing and getting arty.
 Today's update is a quick look at 2 circle journals I have completed for the 
Scrapping Clearly circle journal swap.
Every theme is different , so it really opens up your creative ideas, 
and allows you to think outside the box.

This piece was my contribution to a MERMAID journal.
 For this piece I downloaded the mermaid from Mischief Circus (actually Kim did -Long Story)
and snipped her out. 
For the background I used 3 different cool paint colours,then sponged some black paint through a seaweed like stencil-Drying time .
the Sunray stencil is one I had created and cut myself  from the TCW blanks
I used Lime and Lemon Dylusions paints to add colour to the rays .
After drying I adhered the mermaid with Matt Medium and allowed her to dry .
To add some detail to this piece I added some Prima Glass Glitter in Platinum, to the edge of the rays , and within her crown. I also added some dimension with cerne relief paste in bronze and black.
This next piece,is from the feathers and free spirit. 
Surprise surprise, I have created a Dream catcher.
Combining home made and manufactured elements from the latest 
Kinder Kreations gold range of chipboard pieces. 
A simple Liqiutex  painted background, a colour blast textured mandala top piece. hand cut paper leaves from premade colourful background pages plus the sparkle of the KK leaves and mandala then the flicky house paint make this piece truly glorious.
Check it

Thanks for dropping by , see you next week ,
 when I hope to be a little more organized .
Lisa. x

No comments:

Post a Comment